Avoiding Sloppy Worship
The Bible teaches us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM
The Bible teaches us that the fear of the Lord leads to life and away from EVIL
The Bible teaches us that God ACCEPTS those who fear Him
The Bible teaches us that God BLESSES those who fear Him
The Bible teaches us that God FULFILLS the desires of those who fear him
A CASUAL Approach to God – v. 13-15
- This group isn’t interested in KNOWING God – they are interested in what God can do for them
- The way to unlock a new and exciting level of experience with God is to pursue INTIMACY with Him
- An intimate relationship with God will lead to AUTHENTIC worship
A SERIOUS Approach to God – v. 16-18
- God took notice of their FAITH
- This group of people who were called God’s ‘special possession’ SERVED God in faith
A Book of REMEMBRANCE – v. 16
- There are many Biblical references to God’s record keeping and the fact that He will never forget and will rightly REWARD the good deeds of those who belong to him and rightly JUDGE the evil deeds of those who do not belong to Him
- Do I have a proper FEAR of God?
- Do I SERVE Him?
- Do I KNOW Him?