Abraham OBEYED – v. 8
- His CALLING
- Answering God’s call always requires a SACRIFICE of self.
- God’s PROMISE
- Abraham wasn’t so much concerned with the DETAILS of God’s call as much as he was in love with the who called him.
Abraham DWELT – v. 9-10
- His OPPOSITION
- Answering God’s call doesn’t mean life will be VOID of difficulty and challenges
- His FOCUS
- Abraham lived his life with an ETERNAL perspective
Sarah CONCEIVED – v. 11-12
- God’s REMINDER
- When God calls us to a task we can trust Him that He will do WHATEVER is necessary to make sure His will is FULFILLED
- God’s FULFILLMENT
- God ALWAYS fulfills His promises, in His TIME and according to His PLAN
Conclusion: SALVATION has always been through FAITH in God and in God’s revealed Word.