UPDATE: Preschoolers, parents & kids! This Sunday, August 23, during our 11 am service we will resume preschool (Bed babies – 4 year olds) and kids’ worship (K-4th grade). Preschool worship will be downstairs in the preschool area behind the slide. Preschoolers may be dropped off before parents/grandparents come to worship. kids will go to the worship center with the parents and leave from there for the kids’ worship room. Can’t wait to see you all on Sunday!
UPDATE – July 6, 2020: Sunday Only Services 9 am (Ages 65 and older) and 11 am (All ages).
No other on-campus services until further notice.
Phase 1 – Return to On-site Worship Services
We are excited about the opportunity to worship together on campus again. Following the guidelines of the Alabama Public Health Department (APHD) and the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) we will implement the following guidelines for Phase 1 of our ‘reopening.’ The goal of these guidelines is to reopen as safely as possible while minimizing the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for all of us. We will continue to offer a live stream of our service online for those who may not be comfortable worshiping in person.
- We will begin on-site worship services May 24, 2020 at 9am and 11am
- The 9 am service will ONLY be for those age 65 and older (the APHD recommends offering a service for 65 and older attendees only)
- The 11 am service will be available for all ages
- KN-95 Masks will be available for individuals age 65 and older
- Masks will be optional
- We will utilize every other pew and ask that you maintain a six-foot distance between families
- Seating will be limited. Therefore, we recommend you and your family show up early.
- We will have hand sanitizing stations available at each entrance/exit in use
- The front foyer doors will be open and the side-entrance door to the worship center will be open for entrance and exit
- No handshakes/hugs
- No children’s worship
- No preschool or nursery
- No choir
- No on-campus small groups
- No coffee stations
- Tithing boxes will be available at each entrance/exit in use
- We will have a cleaning crew following the early service to clean the surfaces of the pews, door handles, bathrooms and other high-touch areas (If you would like to volunteer to help with the cleaning please let us know. We need at least 20 volunteers for this team.)
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms please stay home and worship on-line: a fever greater than 100 degrees, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- All other weekly ministries/activities will remain on-line until further notice
As the APHD and CDC continue to update their guidelines we will do the same.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through this challenging situation together.